by Stylemaker RuchikaÂ Upadhyaya
Wind down and relax with these 5 yoga poses for better sleep. The sequence is easy and appropriate for even beginners to follow, plus it could be done in the comfort of your own bedroom. These yoga poses will soothe your mind and body, calm your nervous system and prepare you to catch up on better Zzzs. Do remember to hold each pose for 10-15 breaths. However do not push yourself, the poses must be comfortable and the breathing needs to be slow, deep and relaxed. Just play some relaxing music, light up a scented candle and stretch the worries of your day away.
1. Janu Sirsasana / Head To Knee Forward BendÂ
- Sit with your left leg extended and your right knee bent with the right sole resting against the inner left thigh.
- Inhale and lift your arms up, lengthening the torso.
- Exhale and reach to hold your right foot or shin. Align your navel above your left leg by twisting the torso a little.
- Relax your shoulders and breathe deeply.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Avoid if you have diarrhoea or asthma. In case of a knee injury, place cushions under the straightened knee.