by Stylemaker RuchikaÂ Upadhyaya
Been feeling fatigued, exhausted and stressed lately? Now is the perfect time to hit the mat. Your practice can not only relieve stress, it can ease the symptoms of anxiety and release physical tension.
The following 10 yoga poses have been organized into a sequence that can be practiced together in this order or individually on an as-needed basis to help relieve stress and anxiety. Few things to keep in mind before we start:
- Focus on deep calming breaths as you move through the poses.
- Closing your eyes may help you relax and achieve a more meditative calm state.
- Although the sequence can be done by beginners, please seek assistance of a trained yoga teacher if you are just beginning your practice.
- Proceed with caution. To avoid injuries, listen to your body and do not push too hard.
- Hold each pose for 30 seconds to a minute, depending on what feels comfortable.
1. Sukhasana / Easy PoseÂ
Kick off your yoga routine with an easy poseÂ ( Image Credit moving stillness personal fitness)
Promotes inner calm, opens hips, lengthens the spine, and amplifies serenity and tranquillity. Focus on the breath and stay in the pose for at least one minute.